Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Safety Patrol

Ever since Elijah figured out how machinery works, he has been very careful. Though we have never used the phrase “Safety first” around him, that seems to be his mantra. When we pile the family into the van, everyone must be buckled into their seats before the vehicle is started or he will go ballistic.

Just yesterday, I was at camp doings some things in preparation for our high school week. I was driving their truck around hauling things and Elijah was riding in the front seat with me. Whenever I stopped the truck, I would turn it off and leave the keys in the ignition. I got out unloaded some things, and then when I got back in, there were the keys sitting in the front seat. I asked Elijah about it and he said he took out the keys “so the truck wouldn’t start up.”

I am not sure whether he is destined for a career in product control or just a life of frustration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.