Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Life as I know it

Well, I had something planned for today, but my day yesterday was wiped out with therapy, and the first church league playoff game. So I thought I would fill you in on my current situation. The therapy is for my back (not my mental state). I currently have a pinched nerve caused by arthritis in my lower back. The only hope for a solution—work it out through the physical therapy. Not a lot of hope there. I have been going for a few weeks and doing my painful stretches, and it has not gotten better. Of course, I do still play basketball, which probably doesn’t help matters, but I am too competitive to stop.

Speaking of which, I will now stop playing basketball because we lost our opening game by 3 points. Quite a barn burner I suppose. Now, I don’t like losing during the regular season, but I can handle it. But in the playoffs, when it is 1 and done, I get very frustrated. It is so final. I mean, that is it. I’ve got nothing until next December except pick up games with dog. Not so fun. Oh well, that is the way it goes.

On the Elijah front, he had another “well baby” visit yesterday. He is 28 inches long (95th percentile) almost 19 pounds (75th percentile) and a pretty good sized head (75th percentile). He does have an ear infection, but we received some drugs to help clear that up. Carrie and I are worried, however. The flu has hit our state, and is nearing our region. Carrie’s proximity to children and possible exposure has our guards up. I suppose there will be plenty of hand washing for the next few weeks.

Check back tomorrow for some good stuff from The Simpsons.

No comments: