Tuesday, May 30, 2006

An Update

Well, May is almost over, and I have to say, “Thank God!” IT has been a busy month--some expected—some not so much. Let’s run down the list, shall we:

Carrie finished her school year, and ideally two adults around the house full time would have made my load lighter. Instead, she is figuring out all sorts of new things for me to do.

The youth group summer is about to kick into gear, so I have feverishly been finishing up those details. Already we have made the big trip to Cedar point and back. And by the way, driving 9 hours only to find the Millennium Force broken down all day isn’t cool.

I officiated my first wedding this month. It went pretty well. But during the vows, I said to the woman: “Do you take this man to be your wife?” Stupid cut and paste. Everyone thought it would be fine since it gave them a memory. I was pissed at my stupidity.

I preached two holiday sermons—Mother’s Day and Memorial Day. I don’t particularly like “holiday sermons” since I feel tying stuff in seems forced or can become trite. But, that’s the way it goes.

I prepared and led to “praise services” that we call “Koinonia.” They are great times and I love doing them, but they are draining on me mentally and spiritually, which of course causes physical results.

I have been getting ready for the High school week of camp which will be next week (June 4-10). The theme is “Acoustics” and will tackle our ability and discernment when listening to different voices. My day will be Creation, and will focus on how our wastefulness, pollution, and general disregard for creation is causing it to lament.

Finally, I have been asked to teach 2 sections of OT Survey at Milligan College and 1 section at King College in the fall. I am excited about the opportunity, but those will be long Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

So, all this is to say, May has been skimpy on the posts. But hopefully you can give me some grace, and continue to support the blog. Maybe I will do a daily update from camp next week. They do have wireless.

No comments: