Monday, August 21, 2006

Bizarre Brownie Commercial

I don’t know if you have heard, but Domino’s is running a new promotion where they include fudge brownie bits free with every purchase. You read correctly. Brownie and Pizza.

Let me paint a picture of how it was presented to me on TV. I just got finished watching the trailer for “Crossover” which looks like a combination of “White Men Can’t Jump,” “Bring it on,” and “You Got served” – but I digress. So the next commercial is for these brownie bites, and the delivery guy arrives at the door and “Fudgems” – the brownie mascot – is with him. Of course every time Fudgems touches something, he gets chocolate all over them. It was bizarre to say the least.

However, it reminded me of my time working at “Mail Boxes Etc.” (now The UPS Store) when we would debate on who could “pack the fudge” the best. My brother and Susie Riggs/Finkbiener would usually win the competition. That joke never gets old.

No comments: