Tuesday, January 04, 2005

What God did for me in 2004:

First and foremost, he has continued to bless me despite my pessimism and waywardness.

He has sent me a healthy, perfect little baby that continues to grow and bring me joy each day.

He has allowed Carrie and I to be able to afford staying home with Elijah for the first 4 months of his life without worry of making the rent, putting food on the table, etc.

He helped me through one of the busiest times in my life—15 masters credit hours, a Thesis to write, and expanding church responsibilities.

He has caused the youth group I serve to grow and expand despite my inadequacies and failures.

He has put me in a place where I can use my talents and passions (preaching, teaching, praise) to serve the church.

He has given me a vision of the church and the kingdom and an accompanying passion to strive for it.

He has blessed me with a loving church that has embraced and adopted Elijah as one of their own, making the transition to both parenthood and stay at home fatherhood easier.

I am sure there is more, but these came to mind at first. I would love to hear what God has done for you in 2004. Little brings more glory to God than personal testimony.

2 comments:

Fabian said...

Hey Sam,

How many people go to your church? Also how many kids in the youth group (Please seperate Jr Sr high)? What are you guys studying now? It was cool to read what God did in your life in 04.

Sam said...

fabs -
We have about 160 people attend on Sunday morning services, and I run around 30 students on Wednesday night (20 Sr. 10 jr.). To be honest, I don't know what we are studying in January. I am plum out of ideas. Tonight we are doing a year retrospective and I am challenging them in a few areas. But I am just not sure. Any ideas that worked well for you?