Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Only in East Tennessee

Last night I had an interesting experience that I thought I would share. It was around 11:00 at night. I was shutting down the house for the night. Then I saw a police car with his lights on pull into the parking lot of the church/my driveway. He got out an was examining my cars. I walked out and greeted the State Trooper and asked him what was going on. He said and I quote:
“Do you know anyone who owns a green tractor?”
“No. Why?” I replied.
“Well you see those blue flashing lights down there (pointing down the street)? There is an abandoned big green tractor with a hay bailer parked in the middle of the road. It is there at the curve and we don’t want anyone to hit it.”

I assured him that I did not know the owner of the big green tractor. He thanked me for my time, and went on his way. I share this story not to make a philosophical or theological point, but merely to say, “Only in East Tennessee.”

No comments: