Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wasting Time...even faster


I got a cable modem installed about a week ago. I will have it free for 6-months. It was the settlement from a class action lawsuit against Charter (our monopolistic cable company) for hidden and unnecessary charges. I also hooked up a wireless router so am surfing and multi-tasking like crazy. I would like to say I am getting more accomplished, but I sort of doubt it. To be honest I feel like the guy on the commercial that has surfed the whole internet, and finally reached the end. Though I haven’t I have seen more sites that I have been avoiding since they took too long to download. Songs, videos, flash animations, you name it, I have finally been able to see all the cool things in store for me. As the title of the post says, I think I am wasting time, just at faster speeds.

But I have noticed that I am just looking and not actually contributing. I have ceased doing things like updating my blog, updating my website, updating the church website, making intelligent comments on the GLCC Forum, etc. It seems that most of my time lately is just looking and not doing. Sure, I have been busy with church, work, baby and more, but my spare time is spent checking out a website or playing online poker—both of which are a waste of time. But, I am going to go through an internet fast beginning on December 18th for at least a week. I will be in Kalkaska, MI and will have no good/easy internet access (unless I stop by Starbucks or something). Hopefully, I can churn out something to contribute to society. Perhaps not, as I have other big plans (reading “Velvit Elvis” by Rob Bell and watching past seasons of “Curb Your Enthusiasm”. Either way, I have some things in the hopper, so don’t go too far.

2 comments:

shannoncaroland said...

I don't even know where to begin.

http://sermonspice.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=592

That should be fun.

Sam said...

Thanks for contributing to my deliquency.