Tuesday, March 29, 2005

All Backwards


I grew up in the era when I would go to youth conferences and various speakers would decry rock music, saying that it is of Satan, and then having the audacity to also say that if you play the songs backwards you will find a hidden, Satanic message. I had 2 questions at the time that have never been answered
“Who had the idea to play a song backwards?”
“Who actually undertook this ‘ministry’ to play the songs backwards and decipher the lyrics?”

Well, regardless, I never bought into that sort of drivel in high school, being able to detect propaganda and grandstanding when I heard it. But I guess I was just too immature to realize the truth of their words. Now, for the first time I am a believer. The internet has changed my life. A guy has done the legwork and cleared up the blurry edges. The technology has caught up with the idea and we have irrefutable proof that all these songs that we thought were so benign are actually breeding scores of Satan worshippers across the world.

So make sure your families are only listening to CCM, because God forbid they get brainwashed.

PS - For those who don't know me this post is written "tongue in cheek"

No comments: