Friday, March 04, 2005

The Dream is Over

A few weeks ago I got an email from my brother with a proposition. At first I was startled he actually made contact. Once I got over that shock, I was then startled by the nature of the communication. He wanted to round up the family and audition for the next installment of “The Amazing Race.” Instead of 2 people, it would be 4—all from a family. He had in mind himself, my sister, my father, and me.

I have wanted to go on The Amazing Race since I saw my first episode, so I immediately agreed. I mean, traveling across the world to these amazing places in a competition is my idea of a good time. But, we couldn’t quite get our stuff together, and even if we could, “adult responsibilities” would really hinder being gone for a month, assuming that we would have gone all the way. So, we will not be entering.

But I would have really enjoyed that. Though my siblings and I have struggled at times to get along, we have made great strides in the last few years. I would like to think that it would be a well-oiled machine with good ideas and participation from everyone. With my ex-FBI agent dad running the show and the competitive nature of the siblings pushing us forward, we would be a force to contend with. Sure, there might be some conflict, but nothing that we couldn’t resolve. The audience would also be privy to some quality sarcasm I would think.

But it will not be. Maybe next time. If you hear of another family themed reality show, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin on the Amazing race...interesting

Bunce

Sam said...

It would have been something special. I think the Longs would have made for great TV.