Saturday, November 13, 2004

A Redemption Story

My Great Aunt Roberta died this week. She was a wonderful woman. We stayed with her whenever we visited my mom's family in Ohio. She always had glazed donuts to eat. Her funeral was on Friday. I couldn't make it because I was in Kalkaska. The rest of the family couldn't make it either because of the 1st birthday party for Larry. I have to say, I was very sad that I couldn't pay respects to this great woman.

But then I got thinking. Redemption is a lot like that. Life is not easy. Life requires pain, and at times, even death to be fulfilling. Women go through excruciating pain to bring life forth. And when I think of what Austin and Erin went through to bring Larry into the world, I can't help but be in awe at God's providence.

Our family couldn't make the funeral to celebrate the life of this great woman. We couldn't be involved in her death. Instead, we will rejoice at the new life and the hope of life that we see in little Larry. Redemption involves pain. But the joy that comes makes the pain worth it.

No comments: