Monday, November 29, 2004

Eulogy of a Snack now gone



Whenever Carrie wanted to treat me (and they were on sale) she would pick up Munch ‘ems (preferably Cheddar flavored). This snack was like leaven for me. They were back crackers and were devoid of the grease of chips or the flakiness of crackers. The Keebler elves hand made every one with love.

But one day the day came. The local Food City Keebler representative informed Carrie that there would be no more Munch ‘ems. She was getting the last box this store would ever see. No more snacking during sporting events. No more reliving my cravings late at night. No more crispity crunchy goodness. The life of the Munch ‘em had been taken far too early. But I have my memories. I have my cholesterol. And I have one box that I am saving for a special moment, perhaps by 50th anniversary.

Tell me of your favorite memory of Munch ‘ems. Let us commiserate together.

3 comments:

Fabian said...

Have you tried the Air Crisps yet? Not quite the Munch em but still has crispy crunchy goodness. Check them out.

Anonymous said...

Why were they retired. They were great for our favorite mix?

Anonymous said...

home equity loans